Domiciliary Care Assistant Full – Time / Position now filled
Post published: 24/04/2018 - Closing date for applications 22/05/2018
35 hour per week, Company vehicle provided, this post will require driving various different areas of the City on a 3.5 day rolling rota.
Essential Health is currently recruiting for highly skilled and compassionate carers to work as a team for Palliative Care clients in areas of Stoke on Trent. Palliative care is for people living with a terminal illness where a cure is no longer possible. It's not just for people diagnosed with terminal cancer, but various terminal conditions.Essential health is a Private Domiciliary Care Provider.
At Essential Health we’re proud to provide truly personal home care services for clients in their own homes across Stoke-on-Trent.
In this role you will be responsible for assisting and supporting individual adults in their own homes;
Your responsibilities include:
- Supporting clients with their; Physical, emotional, social, cultural and spiritual needs, offering a holistic approach to care.
- To assist them with their activities of daily living
- To help residents to maintain where possible, their independence, individuality and mobility
- To assist with all personal care needs i.e. bathing, dressing, grooming, nutrition.
- Capacity to communicate both verbally and in writing
- Positive attitude, passion and willingness to develop skills within the caring role
- Reliable and punctual
- To put client’s needs first and to assist them with the greatest of respect and compassion at all times.
- To assist and follow instructions in line with the plan of care
- To maintain accurate and thorough record keeping
At, Essential Health, we know that it’s our team which makes us great, and that’s why we only look to hire the very best carers. Although we only accept NVQ level 2 or a minimum of six months’ experience, we recognise that sometimes passion can’t be measured, so, if you have passion and enthusiasm and can demonstrate commitment, then we’ll invest in the care certificate to get you started.
Being great at what we do is a must, but we also look to hire individuals that genuinely care and want to make a difference to our clients’ lives. At Essential Health, we expect our team to be our ambassadors, to take ownership of their work, and to maintain the highest standards at all times.
NVQ level 2, The Care certificate or a minimum of 6 months experience in care is desirable.
Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced disclosure.